The experienced team at Century 21 Gold Real Estate in Manurewa has five tips to help first-home buyers get on the property ladder this summer.
Buying a first home can be a daunting process particularly in the competitive Auckland housing market, says Derryn Mayne, Principal of Century 21 Gold Real Estate in Manurewa.
However, drawing on her years of experience in the industry, Derryn has some basic tips to help first-home buyers get on the ladder.
- Save! This may seem like an obvious one, but committing to saving a percentage of your income every week is essential to put yourself in a position to buy a house. Try taking plunger coffee and a packed lunch to work to save up to $100 extra a week that would otherwise be spent on flat whites and fast food.
- Have a wish list. Knowing what you want in a first home is important and will help you make decisions under pressure. If there are three or four must-haves on your list, it will help you know which properties to invest your efforts into and which to let go.
- But be flexible. Your first home is probably not going to be your dream home, so be prepared to buy something that doesn’t tick all of your boxes. You want to be excited about your first house, but this is about getting on that ladder.
- Look for improvement opportunities. A house that is structurally sound but in need of work is going to be more affordable than a fully renovated one. Some basic DIY and a lick of paint can add value to your first home.
- Ask for help. Real Estate agents are property experts and the friendly team at Century 21 Gold Real Estate in Manurewa can provide personal, reliable advice for first-home buyers. We’ve helped countless first-home buyers get onto the property ladder. Who knows, you could be next.
Contact Century 21 Gold Real Estate Manurewa:
Address: 25 Station Road Manurewa Auckland 2102
Postal Address: PO Box 75459 Manurewa Auckland 2243
Phone: 09 267 8980
Fax: 09 267 8982
Phone: 0274 587 724